Domaine des Messires
Last minute advantage: 25% discount until July 1th
Water at your feet and mountains on the horizon – at camping Domaine des Messires you are one with nature. Sunbathe on the beach and then take a dip in the clear lake. With a bit of luck you will spot one of the beavers living in the lake….
- Medium-sized campsite
- Lively campsite
- Friendly, hospitable and cozy
- International character
- 4 star campsite
- Top location
- Clean and well kept
- The surroundings of the campsite are beautiful and ask to be discovered : by car, on foot end by bike
- Suitable for: children under 12 years old, seniors, walkers, cyclists, sporty types.
More about environment and facilities
- Divided between the Vosges du Nord and Ballons des Vosges nature parks, the Vosges stretch out over sumptuous, wild and wooded landscapes furrowed by valleys where a taste for tradition is cultivated. Criss-crossed by hundreds of kilometres of hiking and mountain biking trails, the region has managed to steer clear of modernism, making it a paradise for outdoor sports, including water sports which you can enjoy on Lake Gérardmer or on the Moselle River. Not to mention fishing in the rivers and lakes of the Vosges. The hiking and biking options are endless, whether you stick to the valleys or set off to summit the rounded peaks of the Massif des Vosges. From Hohneck, one of the highest peaks in the Vosges, magnificent views of the mountains and Alsace will leave you speechless.
- Find more information about the environment of camping Domaine des Messires on this english-language website
- The Domaine des Messires campground will delight your children. Over and above its great lake for swimming and canoeing, the kids’ club is open five mornings a week in July and August, offering arts and crafts and outdoor games. The perfect place to make new friends to have fun with at the campsite’s play area or on the football pitch. They can also play with their parents or friends in the game room, where party games are at their disposal.Parents will appreciate the relaxing atmosphere at the Domaine des Messires campground, terrific for a little R&R. The only noises there that might disrupt your getaway will be the occasional birdsong. You can also take advantage of the 5-hectare lake that borders the campsite and set off on a canoeing excursion or go for a dip. At the reception there will always be someone to advise you on the best attractions and trails in the Vosges and in Alsace. You will also have free WiFi access around the Reception area.
Food and Drink
- The Domaine des Messires campground’s bar/restaurant has a gorgeous terrace overlooking the lake. The perfect place to enjoy a coffee facing the lush green scenery of the Vosges. The restaurant is open for dinner (daily in July and August, weekends only in the off season). There, you will be able to sample classic cuisine and a number of specialities from the Vosges. At the Domaine des Messires campground’s Reception, you will always be greeted with a smile. Each morning, fresh bread and pastries are available there for your breakfast.
- Arrival times: after 3 pm, departure times: before 10.00 am, minimum stay : 3 nights, fixed arrival days in high season( from July 15 to August 25). Fixed arrival days are: Saturday and Wednesday. No additional tent allowed, Pets allowed in low season. . 6 people allowed per pitch, our tents provide 5 beds with complete bedding. Maximum power consumption on the pitch: 6ampere, Wifi available for free. Water tap on the camping pitch.The campsite provide a laundry area with washing machines, dryers and washing sinks. There are blocks with spacious sanitary facilities. You’ll find showers with hot water, toilets, washbasins and sinks for washing dishes. There are also bathrooms adapted for people with reduced mobility, as well as family bathrooms and changing rooms for babies.